Get in Touch
Schedule a discovery call for your business
We help your business get modern & keep you 100% tax compliant, taking the stress out of running your business.
Consulting services for small to mid-sized businesses in Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, Moorpark, Agoura Hills, and Ventura County, CA
Are you looking for ways to run your business better?
Are you unsure about what type of organizational entity is best for your business?
Are you ready to find a consulting partner that can help you with strategic planning and initiatives in your business?
If you said yes to any of the above questions, then our business consulting services may be right for you. Here are just a few ways we can help you improve your business performance and increase your profits.
A business plan organizes and documents the strategies you have for running and growing your business. You might need it to get a loan, to find a partner or investor, or simply to crystalize your thoughts.
There are many parts to a business plan, including:
- An executive overview
- A business model description
- Market opportunities and a competitive analysis
- Financial statements and projections
- Risk analysis
- An organization chart and staffing plan
- An operating plan
- And more
Whether you need a comprehensive business plan or just one section mentioned above, we can help. We offer services designed to work with you, step by step, to create the perfect business plan for your organization.
If you have recently started a business or are thinking of starting one in the future, we can provide our expertise. Working with a financial professional from the beginning of your business venture nearly doubles the chances of your success.
There are literally hundreds of things to take care of with a new business, and we can help take some of that burden off of your hands. Here are just a few things that need to be covered during your startup phase that are related to compliance or financial requirements:
- Determine the best type of entity for legal and tax purposes
- File papers with local, state, and federal agencies to set up your business
- Acquire a federal ID number from the IRS
- Open a new bank account, merchant account, and credit cards
- Select an accounting system, such as QuickBooks
- If you will be using eCommerce, select a shopping cart
- Acquire the necessary business licenses and permits
- Determine what insurance you should carry to protect yourself
- If you hire employees:
- Register with the IRS and the state agencies
- Select a payroll system
- Acquire Worker’s Compensation
- Set up benefits and a time off policy
- Secure accounting, legal, IT, and HR counsel
- Identify sales tax requirements and register with your state and local agencies
- Fulfill any investor requirements
Not only can we help you with many of the items above, we can also provide valuable guidance to help you increase the chances of succeeding in your new venture. This professional advice includes:
- Carefully managing your cash flow so you don’t get overcommitted
- Preparing a first-year budget so you can stay on track
- Setting realistic funding goals and helping you acquire the financing you need
- Reviewing operations from a financial management standpoint to make sure you will be on track for your profit margin goals
- Helping you plan for large capital acquisitions so that you can minimize borrowing and be smart about your cash management and growth rate
We love working with startups, so please reach out to find out more about our startup consulting services.
Budgeting can sound restrictive, which is why we prefer the term “Profit Planning.” It’s really the same thing: the ultimate goal is to help you realize your profit goals by tracking spending and sales, avoiding overspending, and making sure you have the revenue volume to cover your overhead expenses.
Our budgeting services include:
- Preparing a 12-month budget that includes revenue and expense goals based on your chart of accounts
- Monthly reporting of budget versus actual variances to increase your accountability
- A quarterly review of actual versus budgeted amounts and an analysis of over and under accounts, including actions to take to stem any issues or shortfalls
- An optional capital budget based on balance sheet accounts and new capital acquisitions
Please contact us if you would like to discuss our budgeting, or rather Profit Planning, services.
To find out more about or to get started with any of our business consulting solutions, please contact us by phone or email.
More Knowledge…Better Application
Bernadette Amos, CEO
Bernadette Amos is the owner and CEO of MKBA, Inc, an accounting firm for small and mid-sized businesses. She is incredibly passionate about the science of numbers and making things balance, so it’s no surprise that she loves helping her clients figure out their numbers and getting them back on track to success. Not only is she an expert at handling numbers, Bernadette also has an eye for observing and refining procedures and workflow, and streamlining tasks for businesses across various industries.
MKBA, Inc provides a large variety of accounting, bookkeeping, payroll, and advisory services to businesses across all industries. MKBA, Inc also provides many services for QuickBooks, including consulting, training, installation, setup, troubleshooting, assistance, and more. Bernadette is an Advanced Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor® for QuickBooks Desktop, an Advanced Certified ProAdvisor® for QuickBooks Online, and a TSheets Pro.